What types of PCR tests does Curative provide?
Curative offers two types of PCR tests for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 on shallow nasal swabs:
- Abbott Alinity m SARS-COV-2 PCR Test (Lab PCR)
- The Abbott Alinity PCR Test is sent to our labs for testing
- Results take 1-2 days from when the sample arrives at the laboratory.
- ThermoFisher Scientific Accula SARS-CoV-2 Test (Rapid PCR)
- The ThermoFisher Scientific Accula Rapid PCR Test returns results within approximately 2 hours of sample collection.
- For more information, please visit the Rapid PCR FAQ page.
For more details on the different test types we offer, please visit our website.
What is a PCR test?
PCR tests look for pieces of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, in the nose, throat, or other areas in the respiratory tract to determine if the person has an active infection. PCR tests use a machine, called a thermal cycler, an instrument used to amplify RNA samples by the polymerase chain reaction in order to obtain a result from the sample. The Curative PCR test is self-administered nasally.
The PCR test may be called a molecular test, polymerase chain reaction (PCR), RT-PCR, nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT), or LAMP test.
When you search for a testing location at curative.com, you should see the following tag, indicating that we provide the PCR test at that location: